Saturday, January 14, 2017

Day 3 - Part 1 - Challenges after choices

So as any good soccer coach, and as a good soccer player should do, I tried to learn from my taxicab decision yesterday and improve to a better decision and arranged an Uber ride. So what that did was provide me with the opportunity to point out that what sometimes could be a better choice, may not always turn out that way! I apparently connected with an Uber driver who was having problems picking someone else up in the 'Pool' and as I watched taxi after taxi after taxi pick up coaches and convention goers, I stood there asking myself once again, "Was this the better choice?".

Off to the convention I went, about 20 minutes later than I wanted, had coffee but no food, and I really wanted to find a place to work on the Blog and answer some soccer and work emails. When I found a semi-private corner near my first lecture hall, I set up my MS Surface and got working. About 10 minutes into the Blog entry......screen went black!! Fully charged, I wasn't sure what the problem was, but my morning frustration grew! So I asked, did the lack of success from my earlier choice, put me in a position that would affect my actions?" I had another choice to make...try to troubleshoot my Surface, or head to my lecture?"

I chose to go to the first lecture, 'The Development Cycle' where my friends Ian Barker and David Newberry were going to discuss player development with Scottish FA national team program coaches and DOE, Donald Park. Now I have met and talked with Dave and Ian, multiple times at multiple conventions and clinics, dare I call them friends?? Ian greeted me by first name and laughed with me at us being #1 Twitter fans, so yes, I will say we are friends :-) After catching up with both of them, it was time for the lecture to start. To my disappointment, Ian and Dave sat in the seats and let the three Scottish coaches take over! Please know that I am a Glasgow Rangers fan and I love Scottish football, but to be frank, I had a very difficult time understanding them  and in my opinion they weren't very well organized. It made for a difficult and unrewarding session.

So even at the greatest convention surrounded by soccer, it was a difficult morning. So what to do?? Choice after choice, seemed to not have success. I decided to 'maintain possession' and played a supporting pass.....in other words, I went back to the hotel.


Prince Knight

New York State Director - Just 4 Keepers, USA
Cell: (518)-857-2969
Just4Keepers
World Class Gloves & Goalkeeping Apparel with Prices that Keep the Family Budget in Mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment