Friday, January 13, 2017

Day 2 Part 3 - Words from the great ones!

After a great session like the 'Next Level', I am always pumped and ready to go! I had just enough time to grab a a cup of coffee and update the latest Blog! So I made myself comfortable at a random large table where coaches shared space to eat, drink, work and chat. After I jotted down the draft for the Blog, some of the coaches began to make small talk. Today, I was wearing my Voorheesville Black Bird track suit. The coach to my right, who was from Colorado, said, "Is that Voorheesville near Albany, NY?" Somewhat amazed, I answered, "Why, yes! How the heck do you know that?" Turns out he was originally from the neighboring town of Guilderland....once upon a time. Small world! Then as the coaches to my left, who were also from Colorado, but did not know the former 'Guilderland' coach but were familiar with each other's clubs, learned that I also was part of Just4Keepers. They were very familiar with the outstanding work of Coach Z in Colorado and couldn't say enough great things about him, his training technique and the success he has had. So once again keepers, please know that being part of J4K is being part of something big!

So now onto another highlight. This one was marked with double stars in my schedule! A one on one with Bruce Arena and Sigi Schmid! Now there were some great questions asked and some good stories that they shared with us. Everyone was trying to gauge how Arena would handle the challenge of managing the USMNT. What I would like to share with you the most, is for the goalkeepers. Hear what these two Master Coaches have to say about the modern goalkeeper.
I would like all of my Just4Keepers to watch and listen and then ask themselves......"Do I have what it takes to be a great goalkeeper?? I hope the answer is yes, because I want to help you be the best you can be!!

Onto the Exhibit Hall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment