Friday, January 13, 2017

Day 2 - Finale - Toys, Tours and Goals

As many of you know, Coach Knight loves his 'soccer toys'! Hurdles, ladders, rings, dummies, small goals, gates, cones, poles and specialized training equipment that you may not have seen before! I love the exhibitor hall at each convention I go to. I always try to bring something back to add to my arsenal. Always trying to keep training fresh and fun for all of my players! So off I went to explore the vast booths at this yer's convention. As this is my third convention, I have a nice routine that I like to stick to....first night make sure to walk down every path, look at each booth, don't stay too long at any one area, tell the pushy vendors that I'll talk to them later and make a mental checklist of the booths that I want to go back to visit and talk in detail. So after that initial walk through which took almost an hour, I had somewhat of an agenda set.

First, NSSC needs some new small goals for our U8 program. The kids are tired of shooting at "Pug-Goals"! They want the real deal to have the feeling of the ball hitting the back of the net or bouncing off the post!! So there were three or four vendors that I spent some time with. I am keeping in touch with the club officers and hopefully we will make a deal in the very near future.

Next I wanted to visit the GoPlay Sports booth. Coach Knight is working with J4K Washington coach, Stephen Swanger who also works for GoPlay. We are planning a trip this summer to take 20 goalkeepers over to the UK and train with professional and semi-pro keepers at a J4K residential in York!! So we needed to compare notes and introduce me to the rest of the GoPlay team! This trip should be awesome!!

Then I figured I would do some window shopping, enter a few giveaways and talk to a few people on items or services that I was not really interested in (although if I had a million dollars.......hmmmm I might buy this).

Craziest automatic ball server I have ever seen!

So instead, I picked up some small freebies and some not so small, before the hall closed at 9pm. Headed back to the hotel....via my first Uber ride!!! Went somewhat smooth, but it takes a little getting used to trying to find your driver among all of the others. So I am still trying to determine if it is the "better choice"

G'night :-)

Prince Knight

New York State Director - Just 4 Keepers, USA
Cell: (518)-857-2969
Just4Keepers
World Class Gloves & Goalkeeping Apparel with Prices that Keep the Family Budget in Mind!
NY.J4KSports.com


No comments:

Post a Comment