Friday, January 13, 2017

Day 2 - Part 2 1st Convention Highlight!!

So after lunch, I attended a field session, Development for the 'Next Level' with famous UNC women's coach, Anson Dorrance. I was really looking forward to watching him run a session with some U12 girls. However, a twist!! Anson welcomed the crowd, shared a few opinions on the session topic and how North Carolina has had some great success, and then handed the session over to a younger coach named Damon Nahas. At first, I was somewhat disappointed. Then I watched as Coach Nahas conducted a great session with these young girls. Full of energy, positive reinforcement, fun and challenging activities!! Furthermore, he was a great coaches' coach. I have said in previous Blog's from last year, some coaches are great with kids but cannot teach coaches. Damon was great!! I took two pages of notes, sketched all 4 of his activities that he shared with us and maybe a half a dozen coaching points!! Look out U10's, I am ready for some fun!!
First, coach Doarrance addresses the crowd
 Then Coach Nahas Takes Over!
 Full of energy and interaction with the kids 
The girls were tired and well worked, but all had smiles :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment